Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Second day

Yesterday and today I've come across a large number of great blogs dealing with weight loss.  Because of this, I've decided to focus more of my blog on my weight loss struggle.  I'm hoping that it will be an additional way to help keep me on track. 

So here is a little update:

Today was my second day in a row of getting up a little earlier in the morning and working out for a little over 20 minutes.  Both days I've done a 1 mile walk DVD.  I'm trying not to start to fast with exercising and wearing myself out.  I'm going to try and work myself up to longer workouts.  Also, today I have drank about 9 1/2 glasses of water (granted I just discovered that I should drink more like 12 glasses for my weight).  I'm working on the working out and the drinking water. 

Also, I'm trying to just move a little more at school.  Sometimes I'm just going to take the long way to get to the office or the printer.  I also don't want to spend so much of my school day at my desk.  After I've been sitting there for a while, I'm going to remind myself to get up and walk around for a little bit.  Also, rather than sitting on my stool in front of the class, I'm going to try and stand more and move around the room. 

I also know that it's important to not completely cut out foods that I want.  But I do know that I need to indulge in them less often.  I shouldn't be eating 5 pieces of chocolate 2 times a day. 

I've also started a food journal.  I did this for a few weeks during college, and it really seemed to help.  Today was my first day doing that. 

Take care and God bless!!!

-Single Lutheran

2 comments:

Regina said...

Wow. Sounds like you are already making lots of positive changes - hope you are rewarded with great results! Keep it up!

Lyn said...

Sounds like a GREAT start to me! It is wonderful that you have decided to change your life for the better. I am cheering you on :)