Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reflections on my weekend

It's a Sunday night and I'm up later than I normally would be, but that's because I don't have work tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to the day off, but I still have plenty to do.  At least I did accomplish some stuff this weekend.

Yesterday morning I did a 3-mile walking DVD in the morning.  Today I went for a walk outside (because it was a really nice day and I figured I could use some sunshine) for about 30 minutes.  I've now worked out everyday since Tuesday (6 days).  I feel like I have more energy during the day.  Today I didn't work out in the morning.  Instead I went for my walk this afternoon.  I could tell a difference earlier in the day after church.  I just didn't have as much energy.  I ended up not taking a nap at all this weekend.  Usually I take at least 1 nap a weekend (almost always on Sunday and sometimes on Saturday).  I'm looking forward to working out again in the morning.  Because I don't have to do to work, I'll have more time for a longer work out.

Yesterday I spent time at basketball games at school.  Some of my students were playing.  Four different teams from my school played, but unfortunately none of them won.  But it was still good to be there.

This morning I sang on worship team during second service.  Thankfully over the next three months, I'll only be singing on worship team once a month.  Two times a month was just getting to be too much in combination with singing at least once a month with the church choir.  I do like to be able to sit by my friends in the pew a time or two a month.  Sometimes I just feel more in fellowship when I'm sitting with them.  I know that probably shouldn't be the case, but it is.  I especially feel that way when I sing on worship team, because when I sit in the pew during the sermon, I'm usually sitting along.  It's just different (and I usually don't like being alone).

Today I also go caught up on my grading and I got it all recorded in the gradebook (on the computer).  It feels so great when I stay caught up on my grading.  I know it makes things easier and less stressful during the week.  I just have to make sure I keep up with it for the rest of the year.  Usually things get harder the farther into the quarter it gets. 

One thing I didn't get much done on this weekend, was the chapel message I need to write by Tuesday.  My class is going to be doing the message during school chapel on Wednesday, so I have to write the message.  I have somewhat of an idea, but I haven't written anything yet.  My class needs time to practice on Tuesday, so I'll have to write it tomorrow.  Thankfully after church today I do have a little more idea of what I want the topic/theme of the message to be.  I plan on going up to school tomorrow afternoon and working on it there (I think I'll get more done there than here at home).

Well it is getting late (at least for me), so I'm going to head to bed.  I plan on writting again soon (probably on Tuesday or Wednesday after I do my weekly weigh-in).

2 comments:

Regina said...

Sounds like your changes are really making an impact on your day! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

Very moving article though. I am also working on a lot of things in myself now. I am now on therapy and thank God it's working well. I hope to read more updates from you. Thanks.


Reflexiones Cristianas