Wednesday, November 4, 2009

feeling left out

Due to some news that I found out from a couple of close friends a little over 2 weeks ago, a part of me is feeling left out.  While feeling left out is not a new feeling for me, it's frustrating this time because I feel like I shouldn't be the one who feels left out.  I'm the one who has done the "right" thing, so why should I be the one that feels left out. 

I haven't really talked to either of my friends about the information that they shared with me.  One of them I specifically think I need to talk to about the news.  We just haven't had the time in the last two weeks.  Things have been really busy; at the same time, sometimes it feels like things are different between us.  At times I feel "akward" around her.  It's like I want to address the situation and talk about the information that she shared with me, but we just haven't had a good opportunity.  Also, she's dealing with a lot of stuff in her own life, including in her marriage, so part of me doesn't want to add any pressure to the situation.  However, because it has been more than 2 weeks now since she shared her "story" with me, part of me has forgotten some of the things I wanted to say to her in the days soon after.  I did talk to my counselor that day she shared her story, so I was able to work through some of my issue with my counselor.  But I still feel like my friend and I need to discuss things. 

It's hard being in this place sometimes; where part of me wants for things to go back to how they used to be, while another part of me knows that things won't quite be the same again.  I'm just now sure how to find a balance between the two.

No comments: